Last revised on: January 1st, 2017
At Outcomes, Inc. we take your privacy very seriously. Our service (the “Service”) allows clinicians and allied healthcare professionals (“Providers”) to collect information from patients (“Patients”) around their recovery after major surgeries or treatments. Providers may enter information regarding their patients that constitutes “Protected Health Information”. Patients may also report “Protected Health Information” to Providers. Our policies relating to this type of information are contained below.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information from both “Providers” and “Patients” in a range of ways
Information You Give Us (Providers). We collect your name, organization details, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information, as well as other information you directly give us on our Site. We also collect information you enter regarding Patients
Information You Give Us (Patients). We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, medical record number, demographic information (such as your gender and date of birth) as well as other information you directly give us on our Site, including information related to your health status.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
USE OF PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
Outcomes, Inc. takes the safety of Protected Health Information very seriously.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with other care provider such a physiotherapists or a Patient’s family members. Those uses will be subject to our privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Outcomes, Inc. 2150 Shattuck Avenue Berkeley, California 94704